As reported in many reviews about Turbulence training, Craig Ballantyne preaches that slow and long cardio are not best workout to add lean muscles and shed stubborn fat. Instead of hitting hours on treadmill, we can achieve it by performing 3 short, highly intense sessions in a week with session of 45 minutes. To me, this is the best and the most skeptical factor of the program. However when I dug for more, I found that theory is supported by fitness gurus like Jillian Michaels and Alwyn Cosgrove CSCS on TV show “The Biggest Loser”.
Turbulence Training Program
Turbulence Training is eBook with guidelines for short but intense workouts, called HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training, such as;
- One workout for 4 weeks before switching to Next
- Take a week break after every hitting 12 weeks or hard workouts. It helps body to recover.
- Train regular workouts for 3 days and train intervals the next 3 days of that week.
- Alternating between 2 workouts ensures getting even workout for 4 weeks of the program.
- Follow the guidelines to the letter to maximize performance. As, lifting for 3 seconds and lowering the weight for 2 seconds.
- After every workout, ONLY stretch those muscles that you worked out that day.
- Always warm up before every workout.
The Specific Patterns to follow when going Turbulence Training Method
5 Minutes Warm Up
There are fewer reps of same regular workout exercises to recover body for next intense workout. No rest between warm-ups to ensure heart can oxygenate blood of your body while you get around for main workout.
Following the Circuits
In each workout, perform 4 circuits each of 2 exercises, between 15 to 30 seconds, without any rest. Only a beginner can rest for 30 seconds after completing workout. No rest for Intermediate and advanced trainer. Every circuit is performed thrice, for total 12 exercises per circuit, or 48 exercises in every workout. And, all done in only 20 minutes!
What Makes Craig Ballantyne’s Program Different?
Other programs aim specifically aim for skinny people who want to add mass and muscles. Turbulence training, reviewed in fact credited different as it is equally perfect for getting rid of fat to pack lean muscles and cut shape. Instead of hitting hours on treadmill, we can achieve it by performing 3 short, highly intense sessions in a week with session of 45 minutes. To me, this is the best and the most skeptical factor of the program.
Craig did master’s in Exercise Sciences and created many weight/fat loss and muscle building programs. With experience 18 years of writing programs and articles in health magazines like Oxyegen, he helped thousand of people with his unique techniques that are less dangerous and scientifically proven.
The Pros of Turbulence Training
- Reviewing Turbulence Training altogether, the workouts can be done every where, with instruments as simple as few dumbbells. Therefore there is nothing to spend on gyms and buying heavy equipments to stuff your home.
- Holistic Content makes it more than an eBook, with loads of useful guidelines geared specifically towards building muscles and shedding stubborn fat.
- The program is suitable for all. As this is a fat loss guide and a program that also train you to have lean muscle as well.
- It is something like a boon for those you have little time to spend. Only 3 times of 45 minutes for each workout in a week.
- The approach is backed up by many other experts.
- As compared to other program it doesn’t include as many recipes.
- Exercises are intense so you need to be ready and wiling for feel that pain that makes you beautiful.